[Spice-devel] [spice-protocol 0/4] Move .proto files and python code generation scripts to spice-protocol

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 04:11:40 PDT 2015

> Hey,
>
> Any more comments on this series? Shall I go ahead with this and push
> it?
>
> Christophe

The only command I have is go ahead. .proto files describe the protocol so they should be in spice-protocol by definition. Also they are used to produce a file used in spice-protocol but are in spice-common so the lead to a circular dependency between repositories which is a wrong design. The only complaining could be that python code generate code for spice-common but the solution would be to have a modular language for .proto file with possibility to have modules for marshal/demarshal in spice-common while main part in spice-protocol but this could be quite complicated for the limited usage of this code.

Frediano