[Spice-devel] [spice-protocol] Rename SpiceImageCompress constants

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 14:46:53 PDT 2015

Hey,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 07:42:51PM +0300, Uri Lublin wrote:
> On 07/23/2015 05:23 PM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> >Having these constants use the same name as the ones in spice-server
> >0.12.5 causes compilation issues for spice-server users when using
> >spice-server 0.12.5 or older, and spice-protocol 0.12.8.
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
> We should not have two sets of these constants.
> If spice-protocol now owns those constants, spice-server does not need
> them. It can instead include a spice-protocol .h file.

This is what spice-server.git does, but already released versions of
spice-server (ie 0.12.5 or older) define SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESS_xxx enum.

As we want these older releases to keep building with new
spice-protocol versions, we cannot have the SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESS_xxx
namespace used in old spice-server and new spice-protocol, they need to
use different namespaces.