[Spice-devel] Send notifications to HTML5 client

lgcortinas lgcortinas at gradiant.org
Wed Jul 29 08:21:19 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm using SPICE-HTML5 to access a virtual machine on a remote server, as
I said in this thread
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2015-May/019730.html>, I
had a few problems with audio at first, but it's working fine now.
Thanks you all for your support.

Now I'm facing another problem; in some scenarios, I need the guest to
notify the client to open a new tab with another service. I'm wondering
if it would be possible to use vdagent protocol to achieve this.

For now, I tried it by killing the agent process and sending some binary
data through the serial port, the client receives the connection and
disconnection of the agent (message types 107 and 108).
It seems possible to do that, and I thought about modifying the agent or
creating a new process which could "fake" the real agent. But I don't
know where to start, or if there is a more proper way to achieve this.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Lorenzo.