[Spice-devel] When will next version of SPICE Server be released?

Javier Celaya javier.celaya at flexvdi.com
Mon Jun 8 08:02:29 PDT 2015

El Lunes, 8 de junio de 2015 16:35:24 Fabio Fantoni escribió:
> Il 08/06/2015 16:24, Christophe Fergeau ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 06:13:09PM +0300, Kalyanov Dmitry wrote:
> >> Hello, spice-devel,
> >>
> >> I've noticed that SPICE Server is still at 0.12.5 for quite some time. I
> >> wonder when next version will be tagged and released?
> >>
> >> I'm asking because I want to use QEMU's support for UNIX domain socket
> >> for SPICE server, but this functionality is not available in
> >> spice-server 0.12.5 (it was added in january 2015 in commit 5365caeaa).
> >
> > Yeah, it's high time we cut a new release... Thanks for the ping ;)
> >
> > Christophe
>
> Another good feature that add is lz4 (I already use it, for now I use it
> applying all needed lz4 patch to 0.12.5)

Good feature indeed ;) In fact, my patch to the qemu list to include lz4 in the -spice
command line option has not prospered yet. Maybe, with a numbered version that
supports the SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESS_LZ4 constant, they will accept it.--

[1] [2]
*Javier Celaya *
/Software Engineer /
[3] j[4]_avier.celaya at flexvdi.com_