[Spice-devel] 3D Support

Chris Harvey chris at chrisnharvey.com
Thu Jun 11 05:46:42 PDT 2015

Hey,

I currently use spice in my home. I have a server in my attic which has several virtual machines running on it (Windows & Linux). I then have some really low spec laptops and Raspberry Pi's which I use as thin clients to connect to the virtual machines through spice.

Pretty weird setup, but it works pretty well with HD video etc.

The only thing missing is support for 3D, primarily for desktop effects such as Aero or gnome shell.

Has there been much progress with 3D support, if so, is there any experimental spice build that I could try out? Do you think we'll ever see gaming through spice?

I'm really looking forward to the future of spice, it truly is an amazing protocol.

Anyway, apologies for the random email with questions you're probably tired of reading. Just figured I'd say hi and if there is anything I can do to help out with the development of spice then I'm very happy to.

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone 6