[Spice-devel] Changes to usbredir to support a kernel module

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 08:26:11 PDT 2015

Hi Jeremy,

On 17-06-15 21:06, Jeremy White wrote:
> I have started work on a usbredir kernel module to enable USB
> redirection for XSpice.
>
> I'd like to reuse the usbredirparser.c code, but it needs changes to
> compile as part of a kernel module.  These are those changes.

The changes look fine to me, but I was wondering if you are aware that
if you submit this upstream the kernel cannot rely on external sources /
libs ?

So you will have to copy this over into a dir of the kernel sources.

It probably still makes sense to do things the way you suggest, and
to consider the current usbredir git repo the canonical source, and
sync the in kernel copy with that every now and then.

For now I would like to first wait to see how this all develops though,
if you get something working and are ready to submit that to the upstream
kernel, then lets see if we can sell a file with the #ifdef-ery in it
to the upstream kernel devs. If we can I'm fine with taking these
changes for the usbredir repo.

Cool that you're working on this btw!

Regards,

Hans