[Spice-devel] 答复: Question about remote access for a physical machine

Andres Heinloo andres at gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Mar 11 12:44:17 PDT 2015

On 03/11/2015 03:08 PM, jpc00939 wrote:
> As you said, Xspice can work an physical machine and user can access the
> machine remotely.
> X11vnc provides the remote access too. Other kind of VNC implements like
> tightVNC, realVNC,
> ultraVNC have the capability for users on different OS platform.
> However, is there any test data
> which could give the performance of those different solutions. I am
> curious which one is the best.
> Could you please help to give me some instructions?
> Thanks a lot.

It is impossible to say which one is the best without knowing your
requirements. Each of the solutions has pros and cons.

* What is the bandwidth/latency of your network (eg., do you need a
solution for LAN or WAN)?

* Should the X session keep running after you disconnect from server?

* Do you need desktop sharing (remote assistance)?

* Do you need copy-paste between terminal and server?

* etc.

It turned out that the normal X11 protocol (X session initiated via
XDMCP) performs best for me, but your situation can be very different.

Here is one comparison I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_remote_desktop_software

Regards,
Andres.