[Spice-devel] Poor video performance

Thomas Foster thomas.foster80 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 03:41:17 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am new to using the spice client, and I wanted to know if there is
something I can do about video performance.

I am currently using the downloaded version of the Windows and CentOS
client (the latest version on spice website)...should I compile the spice
client?

My problem comes in when I simulate user experience with youtube, or any
application that redraws.  Performance for Desktop applications  (libre,
vim, surfing the web..except website with lots of advertising).

I looked at the FAQ about poor performance and didn't know how to check for
the options: http://www.spice-space.org/page/FAQ

Any help would be appreciated.  Also, I am using ovirt 3.5.