[Spice-devel] Cac redirection through spice client

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:42:45 PDT 2015

Hey,

Do you need to share your CAC simultaneously with host and guest? If not,
you may simply redirect your CCID with USB redirection. CAC emulation is
pretty limited, in practice in only works well with NSS & coolkey pkcs#11
modules. So it works with few windows applications (such as firefox)

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Thomas Foster <thomas.foster80 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I found out how to find the driver for the cac if it's unknown.  If you
> follow this link and look for the hardware id it should show you. if not
> look for the parent and that should give you the id that should be
> searchable...good luck! Thanks!
>

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/2089404/how-to-easily-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-windows.html
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:42 AM, Thomas Foster <thomas.foster80 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Can somebody help me understand where to put the driver for Cac
>> redirection for the spice client?
>>
>> The problem:  When placing cac in card reader, spice client recognizes
>> the card but states the drivers were not installed correctly.  In windows
>> there is the usbccid cac reader (which works with rdp) and the spice
>> redirected cac reader (which shows up as a device without the drivers).  I
>> have attempted to install the drivers on the windows 7 vm to no avail.  So,
>> I was wondering does the driver have to be installed on the system I am
>> running the spice client?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

Marc-André Lureau