[Spice-devel] Cac redirection through spice client

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Tue May 19 05:27:24 PDT 2015

Thomas,

On Po, 2015-05-18 at 06:02 -0400, Thomas Foster wrote:

> Based on the following from the spice website it looks like the GemPC
> 433 card reader is built in to the spice client:

Please stick to established terminology. When used over the network,
spice client is the program running on the computer where user sits, or
by extension the whole system of computer where user sits. The host or
hypervisor is the computer that is running the qemu process. qemu
process creates a virtual machine where Guest OS (or just guest system)
runs. For example, this screenshot:

shows spice client window with Windows 7 guest system. Inside the guest
OS, you can see details of smartcard device and driver emulated by qemu
process. (The driver was automatically found and installed via Windows
Update with no user intervention)

So when you write "card reader is built in to the spice client", you're
using extremely confusing language that is an obstacle in giving you a
sound advice. If you can't come up with better words, could you please
share some screenshots showing what's wrong?

David