[Spice-devel] any way to optimize USB2 speed on VVM?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu May 21 03:22:06 PDT 2015

Hey,

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:14:05AM -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Scientific Linux 6.6
>
> I have a bootable FC21 flash drive.  I can boot my machine
> directly from it or run it as a virtual machine through KVM.
>
> Problem: it is about 5 times slower through KVM.  (Really,
> I am not exaggerating).  Is there a was to optimize or speed
> up USB2 through put in KVM?

So you are starting QEMU/KVM by pointing it at the USB flash drive, and
tell it to boot the guest OS from that flash drive, and this is 5 times
slower than when you boot from the same USB flash drive directly on bare
metal? Did I understand correctly?
If that is what you are experiencing, this is not related to SPICE, and
would be better reported directly to QEMU.