[Spice-devel] keypress-delay issue

jkwek1 at aol.com jkwek1 at aol.com
Fri May 29 16:29:11 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've noticed a typing delay in my VM's through the SPICE protocol when typing emails or text files.  It's noticeable to the point that it is hurting my typing speed and is contributing to more mistakes (as the letters appear after the slight delay).  I'm running Fedora 21 on the host and VM and the VM resides locally (localhost).  Searches on the matter brought me to a couple of threads on this list where people had similar issues:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2012-October/011317.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2014-June/016992.html

As far as I can tell, there's no way to configure this through the various spice clients I have available to me; the only option for me is to recompile spice-gtk with a different value for keypress-delay.  I would love to see an option to configure this or change the code to auto-tune it to disable it on localhost connections.  Any thoughts on implementing this?

Thanks,
Jared Kwek