[Spice-devel] [NSIS 3/7] packaging: Re-enable NSIS branding

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 02:10:12 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 08:26:29AM -0400, Lev Veyde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Almost all installers provide this kind of info, and the idea is to show it so everyone, including ones who don't really know how and where to search will get a pointer.
> So I think it's a good idea to tell everyone who runs the installer
> "it's produced with NSIS", so that anyone who may need to build an
> installer of it's own could search for it.

I really disagree on that, this will not be useful for many people, and
then, we should also advertise the installer is built on fedora, that
it's free software, that it uses macro X and Y, ... so that anyone who
need to build an installer knows it's possible to do it this way.
I'm not against saying we use NSIS, but the way it's done is too
intrusive, so let's hide it ;)