[Spice-devel] How to get spice client and server log ?

骆宏震 luohongzhen at troila.com
Tue Sep 8 23:00:46 PDT 2015

Dear
Sorry to trouble you  .  I'd like to learn spice source code very much . I have installed spice client in my operation system(Win7 32bit) ,and built environment of server completely in linux System. The virt-viewer.exe(2.0) was installed in my client so that i can connect virtual machine.
Basic operation is well ,but I encountered a problem that USB redirection problem, when I inserted USB in my PC ,the Virtual Machine will pop up message box "USB redirection error: Could not open usb device :operation not supported or unimplemented on this platform[-12]".
The usbclerk service has been worked in my system .Also i got the usbclerk.log i found the "install_winusb_driver::Device 0951:1642 driver install failed -- Cancelled by user (-14) ".I am not sure the root reason . So i want to check the spice log information . But I didn't find it between my PC and linux OS.
I read the User manual and found below information .
7 Logging and debugging
Spice server logs to stdout
Spice client log is /tmp/spicec.log in Linux. In Windows, it is %temp%\spicec.log.

 Unfortunately  I didn't find the log trace in that path.
So could you tell me  how to get the spice log ? if this e-mail can be received lucky by you, please tell me the detail procedures or help me to make a direction about this . Thank you very much .
Best Regards

Honzhen Luo