[Spice-devel] Moving libcacard repo to spice fdo

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 06:07:53 PDT 2015

Hi

libcacard was merged in qemu years ago, but it proved to be
problematic for both maintainance and build reason due to the cyclic
depdency (libcacard(qemu)->spice->qemu). It's quite certain that the
project is going to be splitted from qemu (see recent qemu libcacard
threads), and I prepared the work (see personal repo
https://github.com/elmarco/libcacard).

The main question remaining is where to host the repo. Since it's
historically a Spice project, and most feature and maintenance are
related to Spice usage, it would make sense to move it to the Spice
fdo space.

Regarding the maintenance, I proposed I continue the maintenance &
release, keep the one ack rule. Spice team could also fix it more
easily since they wouldn't have to wait for qemu pull or the
maintainer (maintained like the rest of the spice projects)

Is anybody against this proposal?

--
Marc-André Lureau