[Spice-devel] "undefined reference" errors while running make

Pavel Grunt pgrunt at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 12:16:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 2016-04-04 at 09:59 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 02:14:11PM +0000, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
> >
> > Hi Eduardo,I have to say that the latest git revision doesn't
> > include your patch.  So, I applied your patch manually into the
> > latest revision.
> > That undefined error has been solved, but now I see a new
> > error.Please note that it is saying I have to include two compiler
> > options. Should I do that or you have a netter idea?
> >
> > Please see the full log below
> >

> > root at cluster:spice-src# git rev-parse HEAD
> > 77946c395ba9ff3e6e03386a43f7451ddf1e38a0
> This does not correspond to a sha1 in the upstream repository.
> Things should be good starting from
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-common/commit/?id=6c7552d543
> 69ced08a9b2c61587cad44c04d4ab9

There hasn't been a submodule update which contains that commit, that
is a reason why making spice server fails.

About the 'g_get_monotonic_time' it is available since glib 2.28 and I
think it is reasonable to start requiring it (at least for the unstable
branch). It's been there for five years.

And for the redefinition of typedef's there is a Christophe's patch &
discussion in the mailing list:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2016-March/027808.ht
ml

Pavel