[Spice-devel] [client 1/2 v2] streaming: Check the stream id in display_update_stream_report() too

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Aug 8 15:20:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
[...]
> > +    g_return_if_fail(c != NULL);
> > +    g_return_if_fail(c->streams != NULL);
>
> I think these means a bug in the client, I would abort.

My understanding is that this code will end up in libspice-client-*.so
and thus may be run in applications we have no knowledge about. Having
been on the receiving end of a library crashing my application (libvaapi
crashing the Spice server), I'm wary of causing unknown applications to
crash.

In any case all the other places where we check streams use
g_return_if_fail() so I think this patch should go as is and if there's
consensus to actually force an abort in this case then that should be
done everywhere in a separate patch (probably not by me).

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>