[Spice-devel] [vdagent-win v3 2/2] vdagent-win: start vdagent with lock info from session

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Sat Aug 13 15:42:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:01:36AM -0400, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Would be something like this (not tested)

Yes, it works :)

I'll be pushing the previous patch as it still improves the code a bit
and resubmit this one (maybe with you as author?)

> > So, you think that the fact we have an extra event on VDAgent might be a
> > waste thus we can do it in a different part of the code, only once with
> > WaitForSingleObject?
> >

> It's just another way to pass a flag... if it's set/tested just at startup
> there is no reason to put in the main loop.

Agreed

> > It is fine by me but I don't see that much of difference to be honest.
> > I will try later.
> >

> > > I don't know if you can use WTSQuerySessionInformation to just
> > > retrieve the state (lock/unlock) of the session.
> >
> > Well, this seems better for a one-time procedure.
> > We can use it (WTSINFOEX) and parse the SessionFlags [0]. Windows 7 and
> > above which seems okay.
> >
> > [0] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee621019(v=vs.85).aspx
> >

> I found somebody suggesting the function for earlier versions (like
> Windows 2000) but I didn't really find the lock/unlock flag.

Oh well, I wrote the code for this but I failed to build it with mingw.
We don't really have the WTSINFOEX there [1] (compared with [2])

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/mingw-org-wsl/ci/4.0.2/tree/include/wtsapi32.h#l125
[2] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383861(v=vs.85).aspx

Cheers!
  toso