[Spice-devel] Fwd: Question from a chinese programmer

Kop Yiddish yiddishkop at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 23:57:16 UTC 2016

---------- 转发的邮件 ----------
发件人:"Kop Yiddish" <yiddishkop at gmail.com>
日期:2016年8月25日 21:20
主题:Question from a chinese programmer
收件人: <pgrunt at redhat.com>
抄送:

hi, sir,
How are you?
I'm a programmer from china ,i have some questions about your patchwork in
SPICE project. May I make bold to disturb you for some minitues ?
I recently encounter a problme, we use SPICE for remote access , but
when playing high-quality video ,  it droped frames seriously with high
Memory usage and CPU suage.
I suppose SIPCE will control the rate of video stream by the bandwidth, but
it appears that SPICE protocal doesn't work.
I read the souce code related, I find some clues about it.

> enum {
>
>     SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_SIZED_STREAM,
>
>     SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_MONITORS_CONFIG,
>
>     SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_COMPOSITE,
>
>     SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_A8_SURFACE,
>
>     SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_STREAM_REPORT,
>
> };
>
> dcc->use_mjpeg_encoder_rate_control =

        red_channel_client_test_remote_cap(&dcc->common.base,
> SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_STREAM_REPORT);

I have some question below:

   1. I find encoder will check the SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_STREAM_REPORT, and
   decide whether functioned the "rate control of the the transfermation", is
   my understanding right?
   2. I find your pathwork to SPICE about SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_LZ4_COMPRESSION,
   did the original project has some bugs in controling the rate of the
   transformation from SPICE-server to client, i mean it can not control the
   quality of video by the bandwidth
   3. Can you explain the word -- "channel capability",which i encountered
   many times, but i can't specify the TRUE meaning of it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH , please forgive my poor english, and best wishes with
you and your family.