[Spice-devel] Now available: x11spice utility

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 5 15:22:56 UTC 2016

On 12/04/2016 09:11 AM, Snir Sheriber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried your x11spice utility , works well!

Great!

> We were thinking about doing something similar for Wayland, have you
> thought how it can be done under Wayland? basically the main difference
> is getting the post-compositor-buffer/damages, isn't it?

I'm afraid that I haven't put any real thought into Wayland; I did try
to construct it so that it could theoretically lend itself to other
display systems.

> Any comments or suggestions are welcomed

In theory, the bulk of the work should involve abstracting the
display.[ch] logic to have an xcb flavor, and a wayland flavor.

I do see that I used some xcb code for input related stuff in session.c;
that would probably need to be abstracted as well.

I also just pushed a batch of changes I'd been sitting on.  You probably
want to do a git pull before you start any work.

Cheers,

Jeremy