[Spice-devel] spicy client only renders first frame?

Rafael Send flyingfishfinger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 23:13:30 UTC 2016

Hello-
I've built spice-gtk-3 from spice-space.org on tinycore linux (64-bit). For
this, I also had to built the server, the protocol and qemu itself with
spice support; all of which seem to work fine (and things work great in SDL
mode).
However, when I start the spicy client and connect to the VM (which works),
I end up seeing pretty much only the frame first received. I can click on
things and type, but to see the effect I have to restart spicy. For
example, I can type my Windows logon and hit enter (won't see the any
change), then I'll restart the spicy and I'll have a Windows desktop.
QXL video driver and serial device are installed; the client tells me
"mouse: client, agent: yes" once boot of the VM has finished.
Is this a setting somewhere or a build option that affects this sort of
behaviour?
Thanks,

Rafael