[Spice-devel] spice-html5 is not compatible with the spice-guest-tools.

Pavel Grunt pgrunt at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 02:57:50 PST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 16:10 +0800, 苏成才 wrote:
> Hi guys:
> I encountered a problem: the windows screen cannot display properly
> when use spice-html5, also the VM installed spice-guest-tools.exe.
> But if i don't install the spice-guest-tools, then everything is ok.
> My env is:
> 1) spice-html5 version is spice-html5-0.1.6
> 2) websockify is 0.7.0
> 3) centos6.0
> 4) qemu is 1.6.4
> 5) tomcat7 and chrome42
> Please see the screen image in the attachment, any advice is welcome.

It stopped working properly because the qxl driver was installed. Some
features are missing on the spice-html5 side so it is upside down. Try
disabling image compression on the server. Or uninstall just the qxl
driver. spice-html5 client works fine with linux guests, with Windows
guests is not very tested.

Regards,
Pavel