[Spice-devel] spice-gtk - no element appsrc

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Fri Jul 8 15:45:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 05:31:19PM +0200, David Craven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Can you provide a description of the problem you are facing?
>
> The display doesn't resize.
>
> > - Which guest os you are connecting to?
>
> I'm using a nonstandard guest os called guix system distribution.
>
> Because it's only 4 years old and to answer the question why is this
> guy using such a weird os I'll provide a quick description.
>
> It's a source-based linux distro with a non-standard filesystem layout.
> Everything is in
> '/gnu/store/*hash-of-build-inputs*-*programname*-*programversion*'
> which allows guix the package manager to check builds are
> bit-reproducible and to challenge binary-caches. This helps
> show/check/verify that there is a correspondence between source code
> and binary.
> It also features functional system description, all directories
> except home are only writeable by the guix daemon. This provides
> atomic rollbacks for any changes to system configuration.

Cool!

> > It would be great to understand what you are trying to do as the bug
> > could be something not explained.
>
> I'm trying to package the spice service to improve the guixsd developing
> experience. It's easy to `guix system vm configuration.scm` to create a
> vm to test configuration or system services.

So, give it a try with qxl driver if you did not yet. In case you need
to package it too, source is:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-qxl/

Please, let us know about your fail/success and in case of new issues,
you might want to share the vm's xml (libvirt) / qemu command line as
some arguments are necessary there as well.

Best,
  toso