[Spice-devel] The memory used by QXL

Anudorannador anudorannador at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 07:02:52 UTC 2016

Hi.

In file server/red_worker.c, there is a function which named `void
handle_dev_oom(void *opaque, void *payload)` is called when there is not
adequate memory for QXL driver. And then release some resource.

My question is that there is a routine that the server can get the usage of
the SHARE memory, which QXL driver used and also spice.

I've tried that counting image data size when call `red_get_drawable`(the
function is in the file server/red_worker.c), well, all types of images
will finally call `red_get_image(...)` (file server/red_parse_qxl.c) to get
the data. And then when call `handle_dev_oom` to print the total data size
used since last call. But the answer is that sometimes call it only 60+MB,
but sometimes is 170+MB, and I set the QXL memory size is 128MB by command
line argument `qxl-vga.vram_size=128M`