[Spice-devel] Logic of QXL memory resources recycle

Anudorannador anudorannador at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:42:41 UTC 2016

Hi.

When there is not enough memory for QXL driver, it will send a OOM message
to spice sever to release some memory. And then the function
handle_dev_oom, which in server/red_worker.c will be called. In this
function, there is a line of code:
worker->qxl->st->qif->flush_resources(worker->qxl), which called the
function interface_flush_resources(QXLInstance *sin), which in the hw/qxl.c
(qemu's code). And finally call qxl_push_free_res to flush all
QXLPCIDevice, which set the dirty flag to whole memory.

I'm wonder that I just release a part of memory, but why set all memory to
dirty? That means flush a whole memory?  Could anyone tell me the mechanism
of it? Thanks :)