[Spice-devel] [streaming v16 00/23] Add GStreamer support for video streaming

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Tue Jun 7 13:57:21 UTC 2016

This patch series adds support for using GStreamer to encode the video
streams, adding support for VP8 and h264 codecs.

As before the patches can also be grabbed from the gst branch of the
repositories below. Note that this time around the required support is
already present in the client.

spice:          https://github.com/fgouget/spice
xf86-video-qxl: https://github.com/fgouget/xf86-video-qxl
spice-protocol: https://github.com/fgouget/spice-protocol

There's also 'extras' branches with more experimental/future patches for
the curious, and gst-vNN branches to help comparing the various
revisions.

Note that to test GStreamer support with QEMU you probably need to grab
the patch below and set the video-codecs option to something like
gstreamer:h264 or gstreamer:vp8.

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2015-May/019771.html

Changes from v15:
* Added a patch to better check for sized frames.

* Added a patch to get rid of RedDrawable.sized_stream to simplify the
  code.

Changes from v14:

* In this round the width / height removal is back because I think it
  is relevant to the discussion around the gstreamer-encoder code for
  copying the frames.

* I also split that change in two parts : one removing the use of the
  width / height parameters in the MJPEG encoder, and another removing
  them from the video-encoder API.

* Added a comment and tweaked the warning in
  is_chunk_stride_aligned().

* Added a comment in line_copy() wrt 0-byte chunks.

* Renamed max_mem to max_block_count in zero_copy().

* I also changed the patchset prefix to 'streaming' as suggested by
  Pavel Grunt.

Changes from v13:

Rebased + some changes suggested by Christophe Fergeau.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>