[Spice-devel] gitlab

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:57:15 UTC 2016

Hi

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:05:11AM -0400, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
>> Hi

Yes it's annoying, but minor imho since git is decentralized: not
really a big deal, you can host private repos in fdo or elsewhere in
the meantime (like we did for virglrenderer recently for ex).

> gitlab allows us to be much more reactive for all of this (did not check
> server-side hooks though), which imo is a very useful improvement.
> Do you think we are losing anything by moving our git from freedesktop
> to some place else?

I am just dubious about it. I never had to deal with gitlab for any
project, and that feels somehow strange (even the UI is somehow
strange). Furthemore, I really don't see much benefits doing the move
so far. But if it is painless, and doesn't changes much of our
practices except a git url, then why not if you think it's useful.

--
Marc-André Lureau