[Spice-devel] Help :Build error of "configure: error: Package requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0) were not met:"

小泉 sjkoizumi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 05:14:24 UTC 2016

Hi all

I build virt-viewer for Windows on my fedora based on following instruction.

     Building Instructions/Client
http://www.spice-space.org/page/Building_Instructions/Client

I see  "configure: error: Package requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0)
were not met:" error message when I run "mingw32-configure
--prefix=$INST_ROOT". But libxml-2.0 already has been installed on my
fedora.
I investigated about this problem for several days. However I could not
find out good solution.
Could you please tell me what I should do?

Here is error message:
[******@localhost virt-viewer]$ mingw32-configure --prefix=$INST_ROOT
*checking for LIBXML2... no**
**configure: error: Package requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0) were not
met:**
**
**No package 'libxml-2.0' found**
**
**Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you**
**installed software in a non-standard prefix.**
*

But libxml-2.0 is in my fedora.*
*[******@localhost virt-viewer]$ rpm -qa | grep libxml
python-libxml2-2.9.3-3.fc24.x86_64