[Spice-devel] Accessing Windows 8, 8.1, 10 VMs via SPICE

Pavel Grunt pgrunt at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 22:11:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

See http://www.spice-space.org/download.html#other-clients for android clients

> I wish to give users to access the VDIs over WAN(from their home or on
> travel). Is it possible to access the VDIs via spice-html5 over the WAN.

yes, spice-html5 works well with linux guest, but it has "rendering" problems
with Windows guests. There is also another html5 client https://github.com/eyeos
/spice-web-client

> Any special configurations to be made to enable it? How should I make spice-
> html5 as the default protocol to access the VDIs?

You need to configure websocket proxy, for instructions take a look at:
 https://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-html5/tree/README

> Does display drivers developed for Windows 8+ OSes which provides seamless GUI
> activity?

I don't know about it...

Pavel