[Spice-devel] [spice-gtk 3/3] usb-device-manager: Fix USB event thread leak

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 13:45:56 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 01:08:10PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> 2) spice_usbredir_channel_disconnect_device now running in a thread, rather
> then being a synchronous part of the tear-down sequence, this can either be
> due to someone calling spice_usbredir_channel_disconnect_device_async() or
> someone calling spice_usbredir_channel_reset(). Note that if either happens
> just before session_disconnect() gets called we've a problem as then
> the channel will be torn down while disconnect is running async, looking
> at your backtraces that is exactly what is happening. This all seems to be
> fallout from making usb device connect / disconnect async because windows
> is oh so terribly slow with this.

At e3932bfebbfec7637 time (the commit which introduced the NULL session
check), this issue was already existing, and
spice_usbredir_channel_disconnect_device_async() hadn't been introduced
yet, so this was not introduced by the usbdk/async device
connection/disconnection work which has been done later. Does not change
the fact that the bug exists :)