[Spice-devel] Hotkeys are disable when use spice-usbredir-redirect-on-connect option

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 13:00:05 UTC 2016

Hey,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 01:54:48PM +0330, Hamid Mazrae Mollaie wrote:
> Hi,
> Tank you for replay.
> yes, my mouse and keyboard are usb and redirect to vm... and all pressed
> key sent to vm
> all hotkeys and Ctrl+Alt+F[n] does not work for example. but if i avoid
> from spice-usbredir-redirect-on-connect option, all hotkeys work perfect.
> my question is how can i avoid from redirect mouse and keyboard always and
> dynamically but i can use spice-usbredir-redirect-on-connect option for
> other usb hardware?

I think you can tweak the filter you use with
--spice-usbredir-redirect-on-connect to exclude your USB keyboard/mouse
spice-gtk documentation says

    /**
     * The default setting filters out HID (class 0x03) USB devices from auto
     * connect and auto connects anything else. Note the explicit allow rule at
     * the end, this is necessary since by default all devices without a
     * matching filter rule will not auto-connect.
     */

and this default setting is "0x03,-1,-1,-1,0|-1,-1,-1,-1,1"

So I would try --spice-usbredir-redirect-on-connect="0x03,-1,-1,-1,0|-1,-1,-1,-1,1"