[Spice-devel] Is there an ISO out there?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 17:33:45 UTC 2016

Hey,

On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 02:04:51AM -0800, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> Dear Spice Developers,
>
> Scientific Linux 7.2
>
> # rpm -qa \*kvm\*
> qemu-kvm-1.5.3-105.el7_2.3.x86_64
> pcp-pmda-kvm-3.10.6-2.el7.x86_64
> qemu-kvm-common-1.5.3-105.el7_2.3.x86_64
> libvirt-daemon-kvm-1.2.17-13.el7_2.3.x86_64
>
> $ rpm -qa \*spice\*
> spice-vdagent-0.14.0-10.el7.x86_64
> spice-server-0.12.4-15.el7.x86_64
> spice-gtk3-0.26-5.el7.x86_64
> spice-glib-0.26-5.el7.x86_64
>
>    When the Windows 7 installer asks if there are any drives I want
> to add, is there an ISO out there somewhere of Spice stuff I can use?
> I am specifically looking for USB3 drivers, but would like the
> rest of them too.
>
>    I found spice-guest-tools-0.100.exe, but it is not an ISO.

You should be able to find the ISO you are looking for at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers
There are discussions underway on the virt-tools-list mailing list
related to improving the distribution of these bits and pieces.

I don't think ou need any special USB3 driver in your guest though,
regular Windows drivers should do the trick.