[Spice-devel] [spice-common v4 3/7] log: Use glib for logging

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 9 19:43:14 UTC 2016

I realize I'm rather late to the party, but this change causes troubles
with Xspice.

That is, Xorg, on startup, closes stdout.

Since the g_log_default_handler writes to stdout for DEBUG and INFO
messages, those messages never show up anywhere.

The attached patch 'fixes' it.  I'm a bit hesitant to pursue this
approach; I do not know if using stdout will have a negative side effect
on the Xorg server.

Anyone else have insight?  I'll more formally submit this if I don't
hear anything back.

Cheers,

Jeremy