[Spice-devel] Cross-platform mobile (iOS and Android) client

Sergio L. Pascual sergiolpascual at flexvdi.com
Thu May 19 16:56:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 11:10 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Is this in anyway related to
> https://github.com/iiordanov/remote-desktop-clients ? Or did you
> start
> the Android client from scratch?

There could be some similarities in our glue code, as we took a look at
it to quickly find the entry points we needed to bridge, but for the
most part, it has been written from scratch.

> Is there any improvements that could be made on our side to make your
> life easier with these clients?

My colleague Javier already contributed some patches to implement
features that improve the experience on mobile devices (like the LZ4
compression).

We still apply some minor changes to the spice-gtk package (https://git
hub.com/flexVDI/cerbero/tree/master/recipes/spice-gtk), mostly to fix
some alignment issues on ARMv7.

Probably, it would be nice to apply those changes to master, but it's
no biggie ;-)

--
Sergio L. Pascual
flexVDI - Chief Technology Officer