[Spice-devel] spice-html5 audio problem

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed May 25 13:46:27 UTC 2016

Hi Lorenzo,

On 05/25/2016 07:35 AM, Lorenzo Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, thanks for your help. The biggest change was that we
> changed the physical server, but i have used the same debs for the
> installation and used the same ubuntu. The spice-html5 client was
> upgraded, but with the old version it behaves the same.
> For now I can't use the old server for this, but I will try to check the
> versions of its dependences in both setups.

Note that it's very likely to be due to changes in the browser.  The
media source API has been evolving, and the browser behaviors frequently
change with version updates.  I haven't been back to revisit this for a
while, and I know that it all needs a rework.

I articulated some technical details here:
  https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2015-June/020147.html

I've been waiting for the gstreamer code to go in so that I can come
back and attack this whole area.

Cheers,

Jeremy