[Spice-devel] [spice-gtk v1] file-xfer: do not send unnecessary 0 bytes messages

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 21:29:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 12:33:46PM -0600, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> hmm, you're right. But it's a little bit weird that we don't flush this
> message but we do all other file-transfer messages. That means that for
> zero-length files we'll never receive GError reports for failed
> sending/flushing of the message. This doesn't matter at the moment
> since it doesn't look like the flush can actually fail. So I guess it
> doesn't really matter.

True!

On spice_main_channel_reset(), we would free the queue to the agent with
agent_free_msg_queue() and the message might not be sent and we would
not have any error/warning.

Unlikely but it seems possible... Maybe on migration?

> > Let me know if you think there is still an issue to be solved and
> > many
> > thanks for the review!
>
> Not really anything additional needed for this patch. It just triggered
> some thoughts about semi-related stuff.

Many thanks! I'm always learning with your reviews.

> Acked-by: Jonathon Jongsma <jjongsma at redhat.com>

Pushed as 885229393e3198bd4b386cf71a51832439dfb31b

Cheers,
  toso