[Spice-devel] Question about SPICE-server

Ilya ramirezkiv at mail.ru
Fri Nov 18 08:49:11 UTC 2016

Yes, of course I have several times read this page:  https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html  and in my opinion this page content have very huge amount of unusual information that don't needed in installation process and nothing about troubleshooting.

For example: I have one host with qemu-kvm hypervisor installation under Openstack (test environment) project. I have installed that packages: virt-viwer, spice-xpi, spice-protocol, spice-server and I could't realise have I loaded and functioning spice-server or not? I know only one thing that I don't have a TCP-ports 5900 and 5901 listening for connection.
I couldn't realise do I need to run Xspice on my host or it must be automatically started with my hypervisor.
And one more: I reconfigure VM on my qemu-kvm to use and SPICE and QXL but after that reconfiguring when I try to start it from virt-manager - my VM is working about 20 seconds and truning off EVERY TIME.
What I am doing wrong?
PS: firewalls in my environment on every server and desktop are turned OFF completely.