[Spice-devel] Announcing spice 0.13.3 UNSTABLE release

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 16:41:33 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

I've cut another development release, with once again a lot of refactoring
going on. This should be slowing down now.

THIS IS STILL AN UNSTABLE RELEASE. It's meant as a checkpoint of the
work going on, and will let early testers try it out. Bugs can be
reported on our bugzilla on https://bugs.freedesktop.org

Major Changes in 0.13.3:
========================

*** IMPORTANT ***
The 0.13.x release series is an unstable release series, if you are looking for
stability for daily use, please use the latest 0.12.x release. We are trying to
keep the code as functional as 0.12, but regressions or bugs could still happen.

* Ongoing work on separating/encapsulating the existing codebase. Main
  highlight is that RedChannel/RedChannelClient have been converted to GObjects
* Statistics code is now disabled by default, if you need it,
  -DREDS_STATISTICS must be added to CPPFLAGS when building
* Improvements to replay utility
* Limit (deprecated/unusud) QXLMessage size to 100,000 characters for improved
  safety
* Build fixes on older distros (el6)
* Improve image quality in low bitrate situation when using the
  GStreamer backend

https://www.spice-space.org/download/releases/spice-0.13.3.tar.bz2
https://www.spice-space.org/download/releases/spice-0.13.3.tar.bz2.sign

These releases are signed with my GPG key:

 94A9 F756 61F7 7A61 6864  9B23 A9D8 C214 29AC 6C82