[Spice-devel] [client v2 0/3] Deprecation warning cleanup

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Wed Nov 23 06:09:10 UTC 2016

I know the first two patches are really just sweeping issues under the
rug but I really thing they should still get in:

 * As long as the policy is that spice-gtk must compile without warnings
   then they are needed for the third patch which reenables deprecation
   warnings.

 * So really this patchset trades one huge rug for two really small
   ones. I.e. currently it's possible to use deprecated APIs anywhere in
   the code and be none the wiser, whereas with this patch it's only
   possible in 5% of the code.

 * Now if there are better replacements for these patches then sure they
   should go in. But if there is no timeframe for when these
   replacements will be ready then it may be better to commit these in
   the meantime.

See:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2016-October/032830.html

Francois Gouget (3):
  gtk: Temporarily ignore the keyboard/mouse grabbing deprecation
    warnings
  spicy: Temporarily ignore deprecation warnings
  build-sys: Enable deprecation warnings instead of ignoring them
    entirely

 m4/spice-compile-warnings.m4 |  2 +-
 src/controller/Makefile.am   |  2 ++
 src/spice-widget.c           | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 src/spicy.c                  |  3 +++

2.10.1