[Spice-devel] Processing of rendering operations in separate thread

Yuri Benditovich yuri.benditovich at daynix.com
Wed Nov 30 13:02:59 UTC 2016

Hello Javier,

After implementing the pushing thread in current qxl-wddm-dod I measure the
CPU consumption in PresentDisplayOnly call and in the thread on pushing
drawables to the device. The results show that the time to push drawables
is negligible in relation to time of copying dirty rects to the device
memory (in average the proportion is ~ 1/500) and in typical case the
pushing thread serves only single 'present' operation and then waits for
next operation.
I tried in on Win10 with 2-3 G memory and 1-2 CPUs with regular user
activity (opening windows, redrawing, scrolling etc)

Do I miss something?

Thanks,
Yuri