[Spice-devel] Seamless mode repositories

Lukas Venhoda lvenhoda at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 16:09:18 UTC 2016

Hello

This will be my last day in Red Hat, so I tried to clean and finish up
my work on the seamless mode.
The repositories for spice-gtk, spice-protocol and linux vd_agent are
available here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~lvenhoda/
They are rebased on top of current master (as of 7.10.), with oholys
and mine patches.

My work on the WinAPI turned out to be a dead end for the code part,
because I couldn't properly query all windows for position and size
changes.
Frediano pointed me to a good resource, that could overcome this
issue, and could come in handy when working on a WinAPI solution.

I will leave the most needed function calls here:

EnumWindows for enumerating all available windows:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633497(v=vs.85).aspx

GetWindowInfo for getting the coordinates and size information:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633516(v=vs.85).aspx

CBTProc callback hook for notifying window position and size changes
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644977(v=vs.85).aspx

Thank you for an amazing year and a half working here.
Hope to see you all someday again.

Lukas Venhoda