[Spice-devel] spice-gtk updates for Fedora 25 need to be added to bodhi

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 13:16:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 10/10/2016 02:38 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi

>>> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-fea866fa85
>>> f25:
>>> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-c1bf3f1059
>>>
>>> Is that fine?
>>
>> Yes those are fine.
>>
>>> Btw, since you are experienced Fedora packager, could you provide some
>>> hints on solving the errors in
>>> https://taskotron.fedoraproject.org/artifacts/all/886bb18a-8c8d-11e6-be50-525400120b80/task_output/spice-gtk-0.33-1.fc25.log
>>
>> You should be able to reproduce those by doing:
>>
>> fedpkg local
>> rpmlint *.src.rpm x86_64
>>
>> in a fedpkg spice-gtk clone.
>>
>> Then go through them 1:1, fix them rinse-repeat until all (most?) are fixed.
>
> Yes, that I know of, I was wondering if you (or someone on the list) could help with the actual errors.

Well some of them are quite trivial to fix:

spice-gtk.i686: W: obsolete-not-provided spice-gtk-python

Can be fixed by adding:

Provides: spice-gtk-python = %{version}-%{release} to the list
of main Requires / Provides.

And this one:

spice-gtk3-devel.armv7hl: W: obsolete-not-provided spice-gtk-devel

Can be fixed by adding a similar provides to the spice-gtk3-devel subpkg, etc.

Likewise all the:

spice-gtk-tools.i686: W: no-manual-page-for-binary spicy-screenshot

Errors can be fixed by actually adding man-pages for those binaries.

Note these 2:

spice-gtk.src: W: invalid-url URL: http://spice-space.org/page/Spice-Gtk <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>
spice-gtk.src: W: invalid-url Source0: http://www.spice-space.org/download/gtk/spice-gtk-0.33.tar.bz2 <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>

Seem to be false positives caused by the system doing the checks not having network access.

So I would start with fixing all the trivial ones and then see from there. TBH I do not
think you can fix them all, rpmlint is not  very bright tool.

Regards,

Hans