[Spice-devel] Function definition style

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Mon Oct 10 17:13:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 12:54:26PM -0400, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Hi,
>   I noted that in recent patches we started using this style:
>
> static void
> function_name(type name)
> {
> }
>
> instead of the "classic" (in our code)
>
> static void function_name(type name)
> {
> }
>
> Personally I like the first and I don't complain (and other people
> seems to not complain too) however sometimes it does not fit as the
> other style is used.
>
> Do we agree we can use both styles or we just didn't pay much
> attention?

The later? I'm often writing functions as the first style approach which
is not common style in spice*. For the same reason, I don't pay much
attention of that on reviews.

I would not mind to keep both styles.. or we should really write a hook
to start checking for code style because this is quite common mistake...

Cheers