[Spice-devel] [client v3 08/10] gtk: Temporarily ignore the keyboard/mouse grabbing deprecation warnings

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 28 23:41:31 UTC 2016

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:

> If this is temporary, what's the long-term solution? I assume that the
> proper solution is not simple or obvious since then you'd have just
> fixed it properly. But I think that if we're committing a 'temporary'
> fix, the commit log should have an explanation of why it's temporary
> and what the long-term fix is.

I'm not familiar with that code or the GDK APIs it uses and I do not
feel like starting the snowball rolling either (it's rolled far enough
already as far as I'm concerned). So I don't know what the long term
solution is.

But as for the other cases, either there's a suitable non-deprecated API
and we modify our implementation to use it; or we stick to the
deprecated APIs and add comments explaining why next to the
XXX_IGNORE_DEPRECATIONS statements.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>