[Spice-devel] [vdagent-linux] spice-vdagent.desktop: Set NoDisplay=true

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Sat Oct 29 21:48:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

Double checking [2], it seems a harmless change.

[2]
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s05.html

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 02:54:15PM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Jonathon Jongsma <jjongsma at redhat.com> wrote:
> > This seems like a policy thing that different distributors could have
> > different opinions about. However, I don't know if anybody else still
> > ships this app, so maybe it only affects Ubuntu? So I guess I don't
> > really have any objection.
>
> If you look through /etc/xdg/autostart/ you'll see that most files
> there have NoDisplay=true set now [1]
>
> Is there a good reason for users to be able to easily disable the
> spice-vdagent autostart?

Not that I'm aware of. If nobody complains I'll be pushing it on monday.

Acked-by: Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com>

And thanks for the patch :) - Feel free to open more bugs (and patches!)
in case you have incompatibles with Ubuntu.

  toso