[Spice-devel] QXL-WDDM-DOD v0.4-1 released

Sameeh Jubran sameeh at daynix.com
Sun Oct 30 08:50:00 UTC 2016

Hi Fabio,

I still suspect that the performance issue is caused by the mouse. As you
can see in flexVDI's repository (
https://github.com/flexVDI/qxl-dod/blob/master/qxldod/QxlDod.h) the
function "EnablePointer" always returns FALSE, on the contrary to gitlab's
repository (
https://gitlab.com/spice/qxl-wddm-dod/blob/master/qxldod/QxlDod.h) where it
always returns TRUE. I believe that setting it to false would solve the
performance issue but would however cause another problem of which the
mouse would be invisible when the vdagent isn't running.

Can you please confirm that this solves the performance issue?

If you need a compiled version of which "EnablePointer" returns always
false, update me and I can supply it.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Fabio Fantoni <fantonifabio at tiscali.it>
wrote:

> Il 28/10/2016 10:59, Christophe Fergeau ha scritto:
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 04:52:57PM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
>
> Il 27/10/2016 12:03, Christophe Fergeau ha scritto:
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:40:47AM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
>
> Is there any vdagent testing build with all newer patches available
> somewhere?
>
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/teuf/spice-mingw/build/470179/
> has a totally untested build of a snapshot ofhttps://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/win32/vd_agent/commit/?id=debf1fe98148ddf1a44735449512bd4229b53213
>
> Christophe
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I tried it, with low resolution on notebook now it works decently but on
> thin clients with medium/high resolution is still too bad.
>
> Just to be clear, flexvdi builds were fine on the same hardware?
> medium/high resolution is 1920x1080 or similar?
>
> Christophe
>
> with flexvdi was not perfect but significantly better
>
> I did the tests with same server, vm and clients changing only the qxl-dod
> driver and vdagent with the newer official ones.
>
> For medium/high resolution of these tests was 1440x900 and 1920x1080, 1920x1080
> It is unfortunately a standard in the new desktop "workstation" but with
> them on spice is difficult achieve good performance, even with powerful
> thin client (for example, recent octacore arm)
>
> With flexvdi is usable but not very good on very basic use except some
> cases with animation, video ecc..., with new official driver is near
> unusable :(

Respectfully,
*Sameeh Jubran*
*Linkedin <https://il.linkedin.com/pub/sameeh-jubran/87/747/a8a>*