[Spice-devel] QXL-WDDM-DOD v0.4-1 released

Sameeh Jubran sameeh at daynix.com
Mon Oct 31 16:02:09 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Javier Celaya <javier.celaya at flexvdi.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> El dom, 30-10-2016 a las 10:50 +0200, Sameeh Jubran escribió:
> > Hi Fabio,
> >
> > I still suspect that the performance issue is caused by the mouse. As
> > you can see in flexVDI's repository (
> > https://github.com/flexVDI/qxl-dod/blob/master/qxldod/QxlDod.h) the
> > function "EnablePointer" always returns FALSE,
>
> Nope, check again. EnablePointer always returns FALSE for the VgaDevice
> class, but always returns TRUE for the QxlDevice class. In particular,
> returning TRUE is telling Windows "do not render the pointer, let the

That's right my bad, However it is always true in QxlDevice in  flexVDI's
repository
while it is always false in gitlab's repository.

> device render it itself", which means that in client mode, the spice
> client is in charge of rendering the mouse pointer. This makes the
> mouse run smoothly, but I am not sure how it is affected when vdagent
> is not running.

When it is false - as in the current gitlab repository - the driver keeps
sending
unnecessary mouse info to the spice server which I believe is the cause for
the poor performance issues.

So Fabio can you please try using the driver with EnablePointer - the one
that's
in Qxl device class - set to TRUE as it is in flexVDI's repository?

Respectfully,
*Sameeh Jubran*
*Linkedin <https://il.linkedin.com/pub/sameeh-jubran/87/747/a8a>*
*Software Engineer @ Daynix <http://www.daynix.com>.*