[Spice-devel] spice performance tweaking

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:47:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to improve my spice performance on a kvm host/guest.
It's currently rather slow and I can see screens beeing build up, and
delays when draging windows.

It's being tunneled through openvpn, which is set to use tcp.
tcp required because of the firewall which is maintained by 3rd party.

I have full access to the kvm host, kvm guest and openvpn server.

Have you got any tips so that I can improve spice performance ?
I alrready am running tuned with the virtual-guest profile for  guests and
host profile for the host.
All systems are runnning CentOS 7

Any tips for :
- the KVM host ?