[Spice-devel] spice performance tweaking

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:20:23 UTC 2016

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 08:04:04PM +0200, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> >
> > <gl enable='yes'/> gets an error if I add that to the config.
> > It says this option is included since 1.3.3 and centos has qemu-kvm 1.5.3
> > Did I forget something to enable this ?
>
> gl enable is not going to give you remote for now. The "Since 1.3.3" in
> libvirt documentation refers to libvirt version, not QEMU. You need very
> new libvirt/spice/qemu/mesa/... for things to work. I would not expect
> these to be in centos.
>
> Christophe

thanks for the update,

I checked the rhel7.3 beta and currently it has libvirt 2.0.0 so that one
will be in centos 7.3 as well.
So I have to wait for centos 7.3 which will be available shortly after
rhel7.3 is released (1 or 2 months ??)
What are the other version requirements ? (is there an url somewhere ?)
Is mesa also required on the kvm host or just the guests ?

Rob Verduijn