[Spice-devel] gitlab

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Fri Sep 30 11:48:45 UTC 2016

Hi again!

https://gitlab.com/spice works too.

> But I would like to discuss the transition to use gitlab for source
> code at some time soon. One of the main reasons is the management for
> users and repos being much easier with no need to file a bug and wait
> some fdo admin to have time to do it.
>
> As pointed by Daniel [1] while discussing the migration of libosinfo
> to gitlab, we would still be under open source infrastructure with
> good self-service API for managing the project plus other benefits.
>
> [1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libosinfo/2016-March/msg00000.html
>
> The idea is keeping freedesktop and github [2] as a mirror of gitlab
> repos. I'm not sure about moving from bugzilla to the issues thing but
> I guess it might make sense in the future.
>
> [2] https://github.com/SPICE
>
> The pull requests can be disable int gitlab (while we can't on github)
> but I wonder if should do that?
>
> As we are at it, I would suggest to rename:
>
> * linux/vd_agent to spice-vdagent (currently vdagent on gitlab)
> * win32/vd_agent to spice-vdagent-win (currently vdagent-win on gitlab)

* Marc-André did not agree with renaming ^

> It would be great to hear from current contributors about this!
>
> Cheers,

So, I put this on hold for some time but it would be great to discuss
this once more.

Last week I started to play with continuous integration in gitlab [0]
which can be very useful to track if given commit is breaking
builds, tests, etc. We also plan to setup a copr [1] repo to provide
fedora builds to latest upstream. Pavel has worked in a script [2] that
does that (if commit passes in previous stages like building, tests).

[0] https://about.gitlab.com/gitlab-ci/
[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/
[2] https://gitlab.com/xerus/ci/tree/master

Does anyone disagree with moving to gitlab and making freedesktop a
mirror?

Cheers,
  toso